Part-time Art Teacher
NewSpring is looking for a creative, flexible part-time Art Teacher to join our team with a passion for serving our community. The Art Teacher's responsibilities include having weekly teacher meetings, preparing lessons, and providing developmentally appropriate instruction on art techniques, that include components of numeracy, literacy, social and emotional learning. The candidate will teach our after-school art program at NewSpring’s satellite locations.
To be successful as a satellite teacher, you should be able to encourage creativity and self-expression among students. The teacher must have classroom management experience to create a positive social and emotional environment in the classroom.
Art Teacher Responsibilities:
- Planning lessons on art and art history according to students' learning objectives
- Preparing the classroom by gathering and setting up materials
- Developing students' drawing, coloring, and painting techniques
- The teacher will use Deep Space Sparkle that include STEAM art lessons
- Lesson plans will also include literacy and numeracy skills to support our students academically
- Providing instruction on the use of all art mediums such as graphite, charcoal pencils, oil pastels, acrylic, markers, and watercolor paint
- Evaluating student progress through an assessment portfolio, from the beginning to the end of each semester
- Develop and enforce classroom rules
- Ensuring that the classroom is clean after each lesson
- Attend teacher meetings
- Communicate with NewSpring staff and site coordinators
- Stay current on state and local teaching standards (TEA).
Art Teacher Requirements:
- Prior experience as an Art Teacher
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of art techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Classroom management experience
- Outstanding planning and problem-solving skills
- Supportive, flexible disposition, and passion for serving the underserved community
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Suite and Zoom video conferencing
- Be bilingual, English and Spanish
This is a contract position, compensated on an hourly rate, based on experience and hours.